Visual Studio Orcas Beta 1 (and .NET Framework 3.5 Beta) has been released and available for download.
What’s News in:
a) Visual Basic Orcas (see Visual Basic “Orcas” Beta1 is in the wild!)
- Intellisense Everywhere – This feature is about providing statement completion suggestions at new points in edit mode.
- Relaxed Delegates – Relaxed delegates are a way to extend VB’s implicit conversions to delegate types
- (My fav new feature) Multi-Targeting – Enables you to use Orcas Beta1 to write applications that target .NET 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5.
b) .NET Framework 3.5
- Deep integration of Language Integrated Query (LINQ) and data awareness
- ASP.NET AJAX for quickly creating more efficient, more interactive and highly-personalized Web experiences that work across all the most popular browsers
- New web protocol support for building WCF services including AJAX, JSON, REST, POX, RSS, ATOM and several new WS-* standards
- Full tooling support for WF, WCF and WPF including the new workflow-enabled services technology
- Download Visual Studio Orcas Beta 1 / Visual Studio Express Orcas Beta 1
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” White Paper
- Soma’s Channel 9 – Orcas Beta 1 and Beyond
- Live From Redmond: Orcas Overview (VB Orcas Webcast)
- The LINQ Project