(Picture by Sabbah)
Zoom! Zoom! The Singapore Ministry of Trade and Industry and Singapore Tourism Board is really beefing up on Singapore tourism credentials with the annoucement (11 May 07) of the 2008 F1 Singapore Grand Prix race on a street circuit in the evening. This would be the first night race in F1 history!
I really hope this reinvention and the renewal of Singapore’s economy continues and it’s benefits flow towards all spectrum of the local society.
“This will be the first fully-lit street race in F1 and as a night race, we anticipate it will quickly establish itself as one of the most dramatic and atmospheric races in our calendar.”
– Bernie Ecclestone, F1 Boss
“Singapore is a leading business centre and our aim is to be a vibrant global city that is abuzz with high quality entertainment and events.”
– S Iswaran, Minister of State for Trade and Industry
- Singapore confirms 2008 night race (Forumla1.com)
- Singapore Grand Prix Circuit (Wikipedia)
- Singapore F1 Grand Prix Ticketing Info (Channel News Asia)