In Mar 08, while I was back in Microsoft Australia office, I noticed a concerted effort by the management to make positive environmental changes. Well done! Some of the awesome changes include:
- Providing a choice of post-consumer printer paper
- Encouraging people to reuse their drinking bottles by providing sturdy high quality reusable attractive water bottles
- Individual recycle trash bins – to faciliate staff to sort out their individual recycleable bits from the main pile
- Introduction of additional instant filtered water in the pantry
- Transport rebate for staff who use public transport to work
Unfortunately, not all staff could particpate fully in these measures. Resourceful contingent staff can always find their own ingenious green contributions at their work area.
- QUICK FIXES – 10 THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
- Quiz: Are you a Green-collar worker?
- Green Guru: Green at Work (Q & A for all those typical green office improvement opportunities)