Euromonitor International published a list of developing payment trends to look out for in 2014. Some of the trends identified have already appeared in Asia for awhile and would likely continue to grow further.
- The Convergence of Loyalty with Mobile Payments (See PayPal collaboration with Salad Stop and Perx, a mobile CRM system)
- Banks will Add Payment Functionality to Mobile Apps (See DBS mBanking app payment services)
- Continued Evolution of the POS Terminal (Square, PayPal Here etc..)
- Consumers More Open to Credit Cards Again
- Move to Open-Fare Transit Systems will Boost Pre-Paid Category